domingo, 9 de octubre de 2011

The Sandwich


Eating sandwich has become a common occurrence in every country in the world. It's affordable, tastes good and is easy to prepare. In fact, it was this last feature which incentived to its creator. It´s easy to be prepared and eaten.

The term sandwich was originated in England. It is estimated that John Montaagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich (England)
was an obsessive player. Because of that, he spent much of his time in the game-table.

History tells us that his illness went so far that one day he had no time for lunch because he was in the midst of a competition and he decided to
call one of his servants and told him to bring him anything to eat. After a few minutes the assistant returned with a tray full of food. At that time, the count took two slices of bread and introduced a piece of meat between them and ate it gladly of having created a new food, then called Sandwich.

But the most curious fact was
that in his will he made ​​clear that the best legacy that he left his country was the creation of the "sandwich".

11 Comments:

Pablo Martinez dijo...

oh really!? I have always thought that this name was a trademark hahahah

M*José Garrido dijo...

I love your stories about anything! They're so interesting!

Lola Lagier dijo...

And don't forget, they are always so funny and unpredictable!

Jesús71 dijo...

This man had a lot of reason!! I always eat sandwiches when I'm doing another thing!!

Sarita Abril dijo...

This man was an scientist! All the improvements in science were produced because humankind wanted to live more comfortably (lazy people xD) Gosh...! I feel starving just looking at the sandwich´s picture.... xD

M*José Garrido dijo...

me too Sara! (ñammmm!!) =P

Pablo Martinez dijo...

that´s what everyone is thinking!!

Sarita Abril dijo...

I choose very well what kind of picture I must put xP

Pablo Martinez dijo...

I recognize that a ham sandwich is more tasteful than an egg salad one. Personally, I love it!! Imagine: the grilled cheese on the ham.. with that charasteristic smell...oh my God!!

Pablo Sheahan dijo...

Pablo I totally agree with you! Wow it´s 13:35 and I´m just thinking about a huge ham sandwich with it´s melted cheese... It´s also a great thing to have when you get back home from a long night!! hahaha.... It´s a really interesting story about the sandwich Sarita, I would have never imagined that the name came from there!!

Laura Vecino Benjumea dijo...

let's go to clap our hands by this creator who saves us continually when we have nothing to eat or when we are tired to cook ! thanks you !!

Publicar un comentario