domingo, 11 de diciembre de 2011

Podcast




Hello, my name is Maria José and this is an interview for our blog, in1bite.blogspot.com. We are in the University of Seville with an American girl who is studying here and we would like to ask her some questions about Spanish cuisine and how it differs from the one of her country.


First of all, where are you from?

I´m from the United States, from the state of New Hampshire, in a small town called Rollinsford, it´s about an hour from Boston.

Ok, I´m Sara. When you were there, did you often cook at home or was your mother who did it?

When I was in the United States, my mom cooked most of the meals but I also cooked quite a bit with her.

Ok, so we imagine you do the same here.

I actually don´t cook here, I live with a Spanish woman and her father and she doesn´t like me to be in the kitchen, she doesn´t want me to cook any food, she prefers to do it herself so, although I eat Spanish food, I haven´t had the opportunity to cook any myself.

Ok. Hello, I´m Jesús Gómez and but then, what do you do now, going to restaurants?
I eat most of my meals with my house mom, but I do go out to restaurants sometimes too, but it´s very expensive, so I prefer to eat in the house.

Ok. As you know, olive oil here in Spain is very used to prepare food. Are you getting used to it and its taste?

Yes, we have olive oil in the United States too. We don´t eat it as much as we do here and I love it, so I´ve had no problem getting used to it on a regular basis.

Ok. I´m Lola and are there many differences between the food you were used to eat there and the one from here?

Yes, one of the main differences is the meat. We eat a lot of chicken in the United States, and here it´s mostly ham. I´m not used to eating ham products in general.

Ok. Which is your favourite Spanish dish?

My favourite is espinacas con garbanzos. (Laugh)

Ok, and do you use the internet to learn about Spanish gastronomy?

Yes, I use the internet and I´m also taking a class that´s teaching me quite a bit about the history of it.

Hello, my name is Pablo Sheahan. After having shown you our blog, what do you think about it? 

I really like it. I think it´s very simple, to the point and easy to understand.

Good. Do you know some food´s name we could add in it?

Well, one food would be hamburgers. They´re very popular in the United States and the origin of them actually doesn´t make any sense ´cause we use cow products rather than ham products to eat them.

Hi, I´m Pablo. And finally, if you could take a representative food of Spain to your country, which one would you carry?

I´d probably take jamón ibérico. (Laugh) I think it´s easy to transport and it´s very typical of Spain.

Thank you so much! 


Thank you!

4 Comments:

Laura Vecino Benjumea dijo...

Very good !! I have enjoyed so much with your podcast! It is fantastic and I think that the questions asked by Sara and Lola are really interesting !! Congratulations

Pablo Martinez dijo...

Thank you! we must admit that it has cost us a lot effort and hours.

Lola Lagier dijo...

Thank you Laura!! When she said that her favourite Spanish dish is espinacas con garbanzos none of us could help laughing! It is something weird and surprising I think, haha. I enjoyed this interview a lot and I am glad you did too!

mihaela-corina cartita dijo...

I really enjoyed your podcast because it's interesting and easy to be understood by everyone! Congratulations!!!

Publicar un comentario